Municipalities and Villages in Sobrarbe
o Inhabitants: 60. The whole municipality counts 170 inhabitants.
o Height above sea level: 1342m
o Name of its inhabitants: fanleño or fanles
o Local Holidays: 28th June and 8th September.
o Monuments: Interesting buildings, specially Casa Ruba. Outskirts of the Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park.
The following villages belong to this municipality: Buerba, Buisán, Nerín, Vió and Yeba.
Its built-up area lies on a valley eastwards oriented. We find stoned houses with flagstone on their roofs and traditional chimneys. A few of them are whitewashed.
The built-up area has cobbled paving streets leading us up a slope, with 16th century manor houses. Specially remarkable is Casa Ruba, with voussoired doorway and a 16th century Gothic private chapel, crowned by a cylindrical tower with machicolation. The tower is the dome of the chapel at once.
Casa del Señor stands up on the rocky field, with a 16th century high square tower. The house is attached to the tower, and the yard can be accessed by a doorway framed by a Roman arch with the coat of arms on its keystone. Other remarkable house, preserving only its front, has its original Gothic large windows inscribed and dated 1527.
Also outstanding are the Abbey, built in 1587, and Casa Fortuna, built in1692. Other abandoned houses, such as Casa Bernad and Casa Rafael, preserve their bell chimneys.
The 15th century Gothic church preserves some Romanesque features under the tower. It was later refurbished in the 18th century. It still preserves its 17th century major altarpiece of polychromatic wood, a 19th century image of the Virgin and two 13th century carvings. There was a valuable collection of gold and silver work, which now can be found in the Museum of the Diocese of Barbastro, to which this church belongs from 1571. Previously, in 1279, it belonged to the Archdiocese of the Valley.
The 18th century Los Dolores Church, within the built-up area, has a rectangular nave and a two-pitched roof of flagstones. The linteled doorway opens under the atrium and it also boasts a small steeple with a single opening.
Fanlo is the main town in the Vió Valley. It is head of the municipality, which comprises Buerba, Buisán, Ceresuela, Gallisué, Nerón, Sercué, Vió and Yeba, as well as the lawns of Ballarín and Blasco.
Until 1785, it was named Fanlo, and Fanlo de Vió from 1834, when it was constituted as a town council. But that last name appears also from 1543 to 1646, belonging to the parish of Jaca. It was also a noble town. At the end of 1250, King James I of Aragón gave Don Bertrán de Ahones the Honour of the Vió Valley.