The Muro de Roda,
The Muro de Roda, a defensive medieval construction, declared as being of Cultural Interest, is one of the most spectacular sights in the province of Huesca.
Strategically located, the fortified Muro de Roda site was initially documented in the 11th century as “muro maiore”, up until 1134 when it was donated by King Ramiro II to the community of canons of Roda de Isábena, at which point it changed its name.
Of outstanding beauty, located on a hill, is the small church of San Bartolomé, with a rectangular nave and a straight headwall, with three original walled-in doors, in a semicircular arch and with a quarry-faced lintel. This work dating from the 11th century, to which the cloisters were added in the 16th century, is just a few metres from the snecked masonry walled site. The great church of Santa María was built at one end in the 12th century, with three severe apses on crypts and a single nave, in line with the model of the former cathedral of The tablets on the floor of the nave are especially interesting, not only due to their inscriptions but also given their small size. The bell tower was constructed
centuries later on the apse of the Epistle.