Castle of Boltaña
At the top of the hill situated to the north of the town centre are the ruins of the Romanesque Castle. This castle was built during the time of Sancho el Mayor, it being completed as of
1045 and turned into a Lombard training centre by local artists and artisans.
It was constructed using ashlar, set out in uniform rows, with the irregular hexagon Homage tower, the interior of which includes a water system covered with a barrel vault.
Entrance is through a stairway in the southern section. This site is walled, with six of the sides reaching 6 metres in height and 1.5 metres thick.